Wednesday 9 February 2011

Dan Matutina

I recently discovered the work of illustrator/designer Dan Matutina, and I was absolutely blown away by it. His work is a blend of hand made and digital, and is similar to that of Matthew Lyons whom I've blogged about before, but with slightly more hand made elements in general. I've posted a few of my favourite pieces from his portfolio below, and you can see more of his work over at his website. He likes to come up with his own stories and illustrate them, and many have a sci-fi lean, again much like Matthew Lyons. I love all the hand made marks, lines and paint strokes that Dan uses to create a sense of movement or motion. He also uses nice retro typography such as in the 'Leap' poster, and his use of textures give them a natural quality and depth. Absolutely love these. Enjoy.


 



><><><><><><><><

No comments:

Post a Comment